MEET JAYSON ZILKIE
WORKING FOR A WEST KELOWNA WHERE BUSINESSES & FAMILIES WILL THRIVE
West Kelowna – it’s home.
When I was six-years-old, my family moved to West Kelowna from Winnipeg. I was raised in a home with strong community values, with parents (Wayne and Val Zilkie) who are business owners and active, contributing community members. My three sisters - Vanessa, Jasmine and Virginia - and I all attended Rose Valley Elementary and graduated from Mt. Boucherie Secondary.
As an avid hockey player throughout my childhood, I felt connected to and encouraged by the Westside. Representing this community in the minor hockey world, a highlight was bringing home the provincial title in 2000. My hockey career took me to Briercrest College where I earned a degree in Business Administration and Marketing and was honoured to be the team captain in my final two seasons. A more important event was meeting my amazing wife, Erin. We lived in Europe for a year while I played hockey professionally, and then returned to West Kelowna. (Bringing Erin back was even better than that provincial title.)
So here we are, putting down family roots with our son and daughter (with a tie-breaker on the way). I am so grateful that I get to raise my young family in this remarkable place. Aside from my full-time job as Senior Manager of Business Development at Refresh Financial, Erin and I operate a small business renting baby equipment to families vacationing the Okanagan.
Like many of you, Erin and I love to take our kids for a walk at Gellatly, or a hike in Smith Creek or Rose Valley, and often visit West Kelowna wineries with friends. We love the feeling of running into familiar faces at the grocery store and that our friends in other West Kelowna neighbourhoods are never far away. The feeling of a smaller city and that sense of community means a lot to us – and I bet it does to you too.
Quick Stats & Facts:
• Long-term resident
• Husband to Erin, Dad to Micah, Amara and Baby #3 (en route)
• Bachelor of Business Administration & Marketing
• Senior Manager, Business Development, Refresh Financial (Top 40 Fastest Growing Companies in North America)
• Trained in “Crucial Conversations” - to work with organizations, boards, councils, and companies to better collaborate, create win-win outcomes and have critical conversations with positive outcomes.
• Small Business Owner, Okanagan Baby Rentals
• Member, Powers Creek Community Church
• Treasurer and Board member, Kelowna Gospel Mission
Thank you for your interest in the City of West Kelowna.
I welcome a conversation with you.